Rodger I. Hoffman
Born and raised in Honolulu, attorney Rodger I. Hoffman has been representing accident and injury victims in Hawaii since 1991.
Rodger attended Punahou School, where he graduated in 1983, the University of Hawaii, where he earned his Bachelor of Arts in both Speech and Political Science in 1987, and the Widener University School of Law, in Wilmington, Delaware, where he earned his Juris Doctor in 1991.
Since graduating from law school and becoming a lawyer in 1991, Rodger has exclusively represented accident and injury victims in Hawaii. Over the course of his career, Rodger has successfully represented victims of auto accidents, dog bites, drunk drivers, product liability issues, slip/trip and fall cases and insurance coverage disputes.
After working for a large Honolulu personal injury law firm for seven years, Rodger branched out to form his own practice. While in practice for himself, Rodger provided the best legal representation to his clients, with a particular focus on his personal, direct and open communication with each client.
With strong research and writing skills, Rodger has been instrumental in drafting several successful Hawaii appellate court briefs; with strong advocacy skills, Rodger has represented clients through arbitration, trial and appeal.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury -- Plaintiff
- Motor Vehicle Accidents -- Plaintiff
- Products Liability Law
- Dog Bites
- Slip & Fall
- Insurance Coverage
- Professional Malpractice
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Hawaii, 1991
- Illinois, 2007
- U.S. District Court District of Hawaii, 1991
- Widener University School of Law, Wilmington, Delaware
- J.D. - 1991
- University of Hawaii at Manoa, Honolulu, HI, USA
- B.A. - 1987
- Major: Political Science & Speech
- Dawes v. First Ins. Co. of Hawai'i Ltd., 77 Haw. 117,
883 P.2d 38 (Haw. 1994)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Hawaii State Bar Association, Member, 1991 - Present
Past Employment Positions
- Law Offices of Ian L. Mattoch, Associate, 1991 - 1997
- Copulos Hoffman, Partner, 1997 - 2003